I really need your help to test DBD::ODBC.
is one of the hardest DBDs to maintain because there at least 4 ODBC driver managers and literally dozens of ODBC drivers. Many of the available ODBC drivers and driver managers have bugs which DBD::ODBC tries to work around. It is impossible for me to test all combinations of ODBC driver managers and drivers every time I do a release so even if you do not install a full DBD::ODBC release or development release if you can run the test suite and send the results to me it is a great help. You can email any test results to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Running the test suite is simple and you don't have to install DBD::ODBC. Simply go to DBD::ODBC on CPAN
and download the latest full or development release then follow the instructions below:
- Unpack the DBD::ODBC tar file
- define and export DBI_DSN, DBI_USER and DBI_PASS as "dbi:ODBC:MYDSN", your database user and password respectively where MYDSN is your ODBC data source name. On UNIX you do this with the export command and on Windows with the set command.
- If you are on UNIX and not using unixODBC as a driver manager (why not!) then export ODBCHOME as the path to your driver manager files (usually /usr/local or /usr).
- Run perl Makefile.PL
- Run make (or nmake in Windows)
- Run make test (or nmake test in Windows)
- email the results to me.