After being forced to drop the subversion repository used by DBD::ODBC as perl.org has dropped subversion I moved it to github. Then, my friends working on DBI related modules setup up perl5-dbi and Merijn (Tux) helpfully moved DBD::ODBC under that umbrealla for me - thanks Tux.
Strangley this coincided with a few bug reports for DBD::ODBC and hence warranted a new development release. DBD::ODBC 1.44_2 contains the following changes but I draw your attention to table_info which was borked in some cases and I've tried to fix it keeping backwards compatibility (you are warned - check if you use table_info). If you used odbc_lob_read and it was working for you, you were lucky and probably fetching as chars - also see below.
- Changes in DBD::ODBC 1.44_2 September 7 2013
- [BUG FIXES]
When table_info was called with a '%' for any one of the catalog, schema or type arguments with the rest all '' (the empty string), only a list of catalogs, schemas or types should be returned. It was not doing that as it was changing empty strings to undef/NULL.
pod for odbc_lob_read had an example only saying lob_read.
TYPE attribute for odbc_lob_read was actually coded as Type. It is now as documented.
- The example lob_read.pl had the TYPE set to 999 from when I was testing it but it got checked in like this.
- MANIFEST contained column_info.pl but the file was coltest.pl
- Fixed RT 86379 - spelling mistakes in ODBC.pm and FAQ - thanks to David Steinbrunner.
- Added 82_table_info.t test.
- Added 87_odbc_log_read.t test.
- Changes in DBD::ODBC 1.44_1 June 6 2013
- Moved from subversion to github as svn.perl.org is closing down. Changed docs to show new repository.
- [BUG FIXES]
- Fixed RT 84450 - Database Handle Attribute Fetch broken. Thanks to Stephen Oberholtzer for finding and supplying patch.
- Fixed problem with attributes on bind_col not being sticky. You'll probably only see this if you are using fetchall_arrayref with a slice and setting TYPE or attributes in bind_col first.